Friday, September 9, 2011

Sept 8, 2011 - Round Lake Trail

The hike to the Bowman Lakes area (Round Lake Trail ) is 20 miles west of Truckee and about 11 miles south of I-80. After leaving the main highway, the final three mile dirt logging road was a bone jarring experience, particularly for those seated in the back seats. I think all eight Geezers arrived at the trail head pretty shook up and exhausted from the experience. I just closed my eyes and pretended I was on a Disney Indiana Jones extended free ride.
This was a brand new hike for everyone and as John and Loren were not with us today, Sherm led the group because he has a good GPS and always knows where he's going!
The hike itself was easy/moderate with 3 miles of ups and downs and several different lakes to sit beside during the hike. The elevation is in the 6500 - 7000 ft range. Pictures show Milk Lake, Round Lake, Island Lake and Feeley Lake.
After lunch we had the option to hike an additional 1-2 miles loop and see many more lakes but we decided to head back and enjoy our usual stop for ice cream.
























2 comments:

  1. Looks like another hike to add to our list. Sorry I missed it. Oh well, maybe next year (notice I didn't say, "there is always next year" at this point in life I don't have the confidence I had when I was younger)

    Loren

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys took some beautiful pictures. I too will look forward to doing this hike next year.
    Rod

    ReplyDelete